Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stuck - appointments and other stuff.

I'm stuck.  It's the same three or so pounds that come and go, come and go.  Makes me think of the Lady Antebellum song, Stuck on You.  One line is, "You and me baby, we're stuck like glue."  That's how I feel about the poundage.  We've been playing the same game for, oh, three weeks now?  Hmmmm, not amused.

I had to do some real thinking about what it could be.  Maybe I have to change up what I eat a bit, not stick to the same-old same-old.  Or, and I didn't want to even entertain THIS particular idea, but it's probably a true thought - it's the Diet Coke.

Last week was stressful, as was the week before.  My schedule seemed to be full of somethings that were really nothings, but even though I was busy, the weeks draaaaaaagggggggeeeeeedddd by.  Ugh!  Hence, an over indulgence of the diet drink kind.  Just FYI, the best bang for your buck is Taco Bell's extra large Diet Pepsi.  The end.

I think I participated in my obviously not overcome addiction every flippin' day of the week except Sunday, and that's just because of the keeping the Sabbath day holy; no shopping.  Although, can a drive through be considered shopping?  Okay, that's really trying to split hairs, but it breezed through my brain for a second.

With all this stuckedness that I'm in, I have hit the time of the year when I have all my annual appointments.  Yippee skip, off to the Wellness Clinic for m' annual squishing of the boobs and bone density scan.  I have a dental appointment, and eye appointment and, thank goodness, a hair appointment.  Now if I could just find the pennies to justify and pedicure I wouldn't feel so crummy about the tummy tire!  And let me not forget my ENT appointment for 'chronic allergic rhinitis'.  Yucky sinuses, gicky throat and stuffed ears = no bueno.

The tire erks/urks? me something fierce.  Should be incentive enough.  We'll see how strong my resolve is when I go into Target for laundry detergent and my nonfat cottage cheese.  I may just automatically glide by the snack stand with hand and $1.92 outstretched......

So with the mammogram thing.  You can't put on any deodorant, powders or lotions.  Can I say how weird it is to have that part of my routine cut out.  I kind of didn't know what to do with myself and had to think my way through what I usually do.  Creatures of habit ... not always the good kinds.

My dad would say I'm rambling about now, but hey, my blog, my thoughts, whatevs and I think Rebekah is the only one who reads it anyway (thanks for that, friend - I miss you and your amazing family).  Conference.  Need I say more?  Another amazing friend (yup, I have more than one) did this
                                               http://mycomputerismycanvas.blogspot.com/

and this


She did other quotes from conference and they'e free downloads on her site mentioned above.  I think my house is decorated with a lot of Colette's printables.  Anyway, I digress, conference.  I loved it.  I missed a little of the afternoon session when I nodded in and out of a restless nap.  The rest, however, was inspiring and I actually think I will do what I always say I will do, and re-read the talks I heard that really spoke to my soul.  Elder Holland, Elder Bednar's mmmmmmm, those two are the only ones that immediately come to mind, oh, and the one from the brother about his wife.  The marriage talk, yeah, definitely deserve re-perusal.

A scattered post for sure, but that's how my brain is today.  I keep having to look at my calendar on my phone to make sure I'm doing the right thing on the right day.  Look at me, I just blasted out a post in 20 minutes before I have to be pushed prodded and poked. Go me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I miss you!! Wish we could visit and have random ramblings in person!

Rebekah said...

I am right there with you on weight and Diet Cola. However, I have only had ONE a day for the last 5 days! That's HUGE for me. I also LOVED conference. And the Young Women's Broadcast. I also love reading your blog.